The Best of 2011
January 12, 2011Posted by on
Every year we like to talk about what our favorite albums have been, for example we came up with these lists for 2010: David, Anthony, Tyler
Now that the most wonderful time of the year is over (and also the deadest time in the music industry) we get to take a look at what we think might be great for the coming year. You’ll find my list below, but I want to hear what you are looking forward to for 2011 too!
20. Switchfoot: People thought Vice Verses might come out last year, but considering how late in 2009 that Hello Hurricane came out it was kind of a silly thought, but now I’d be shocked if it didn’t come out this year. My only question is if it feels like HHv.2 or something completely different?
19. Family Force 5: Will they change their sound again? They went from boy band to crunk rock to dance hop…so…I’m guessing techno?
18. Blindside: I thought this would happen last Summer. I still think it will happen. I have no idea if it will be amazing or dated. Neither do you.
17. Poema: With two enjoyable EP’s I’d really like to see them bust out with an amazing full length album with an matured sound if it isn’t too early to ask.
16. Falling Up: The demise of Falling Up has been greatly exaggerated.
15. Stellar Kart: Last year’s album was enjoyable, but with so many covers it was kind of a hodge podge of stuff, but Adam Agee let me know that they are looking to come out with something in the fall of ’11 if possible and it has me wondering what direction they’ll be headed this year.
14. The Fold: I’m pretty sure that they are looking to make a real album, not just Weird Al sound alikes this year, so that is kind of exciting.
13. Thousand Foot Krutch: Trevor and the gang make music like clockwork…all the time.
12. Aaron Gillespie: From metalcore to pop rock to…worship? This guy can do it all and usually pretty well, so there’s hope.
10. Abandon Kansas: It shouldn’t have taken this long for a full length to come out, but I bet it’ll be worth the wait.
8. Jonathan Jones: His solo career was kickstarted and the Waking Ashland/We Shot The Moon vocalist is not likely to disappoint.
7. FM Static: The one song we’ve all heard sounded like early TFK mixed with 80’s pop, say what???
4. House of Heroes: I know I talked a few of you into buying Suburba. Some of you have thanked me. Some of you have probably forgiven me. Either way, they are gonna come out with something in 2011 even though it hasn’t been that long.
3. Hawk Nelson: I’ve already heard Crazy Love. I love it crazily. The Light Sides has me excited too. More rock bands should make acoustic covers of their songs available.
2. Emery: Their songs are like Pokemon, from what I understand. I want to collect them all. And I think that Josh Head might be a Charmander.
1. Relient K & Matthew Thiessen: This. This. Thissssssss. Also, can you believe that RK didn’t come out with and EP or anything last year? Also, what happened to that documentary? I’ll take all that I can get.